Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another oldie but goodie....

Monday, 15 February 2010

 

 

Poignant excerpts from a recent email that invoked further thought

About not being a career woman:We agreed before i had caia that i would resign from my job to stay home again and teach the children.Had there been a good Christian school nearby we would have sent Sierra and Brianna there, but as it were the nearest school suitable for them is 45 minutes away in the next county and that's a lot of mountains to be driving thru in the winter!Our county only has 3 public schools and working at the WIC office, I saw too many moms as young as 15, so I'm not sacrificing my kids.I don't understand why so many women feel the need to prove to themselves or a man that they are just as strong,smart or valid as any male out there by not demeaning themselves by "just being a mom".i understand those who need the second income or even the only income if they are anything  like when it was just my mom taking care of me, for specifically the moms that hate their jobs but feel the need to be corporate successes...i feel sorry for them.

On children growing up too fast :Sierra's in 1st grade and i had no idea what i was in for teaching this grade level.i had no idea this is when children learn to count by 5's and 10's,the concepts of even and odd numbers, making change, cursive writing and the like....but here i am teaching it to a 6 and half year old little girl, and as long as she does not stress, she is SO excited and quick to learn.I am really impressed by her.I understand that everything i am teaching my children they need to know at some point in their lives.But a 6 year old needing to now know the values of coins and how to make change seems just a bit show offy.If she wasn't as eager to learn things like this, I'd gladly hold off just a little while longer in lieu of my baby going to her own piggy bank and counting out exactly the right amount f change to get a Ring Pop.Gone are the days of wanting "10 hundred dollars".

That miracles do still happen : My son johnny is 2 and half and he is just a miracle in and of himself.We almost lost him twice in a year & got to the point where we were mentally preparing to eventually lose him,period.But he's going to be 3 in May and as a little boy makes me earn my title MOM everyday.He's loud and rough, but very gentle with his baby sister and goes for a few days being Daddy's helper then a few days being a momma's boy.He's very headstrong ...dun dun dun!but he makes up for this ... with being ridiculously compliant at nap time and bedtime and when i need him to go tell somebody something or bring me something from another room.What can i say, he has my heart.
 
On the benefits of learning and applying Proverbs 3:5-6 : Then there's my baby girl Caia.She is SO advanced compared to her older siblings, but i think that's cause I listened to God's voice when I heard him tell me WAIT while i was pregnant with her.I wasn't sure what for or how long, but i did just that, and when i felt a peace I said OK to my 4th c-section in almost 7 years and delivered her at 42 weeks and 3 days.most dr.'s today would NEVER EVER EVER have even entertained that thought unless i had had a natural delivery in there somewhere, but as it turned out i had inadvertently put the physician too close to God on trust and knowing what's best when i had Johnny and although they say he was 38 weeks when born his lung development may have proven him to only be 34 0r 36, which is why he ended up in the NICU.So with Caia i prayed several times a day over her and for my courage to trust God over the "professional" and found a doc jut crazy enough to listen to me and it has made all the difference.head up and smiling at 2 days,crawling at 4 months,solid foods at 5 months and now at six months as of the 13th she is standing and trying to walk( i swear it's the creepiest little thing to see!

On how God takes your mistakes and uses it to his glory and for other benefits :I think alot about high school and wish i could have done stuff differently.i wish i knew then how my life would be now and that's it's ok to have a backbone and be assertive.I wish i had had more fun,lightened up a little and stood up for myself more, but i guess i turned out ok in spite of it all,lol.I'm still very organized,type A and pay incredible attention to detail.B+ work is not ok with me,lol....but knowing how i was helps me teach the kids differently and let them know slacking off is never ok but mistakes are just as important to learning the material as getting it all right.

1 comment: